Creating Quick and Easy Graphics for Social Media Using Canva
No booking required: places are limited to 35 and available on a first come, first served basis
This hands-on workshop will give you step-by-step experience in working with one of the free cloud-based design tools mentioned in the Graphics for Social Media overview presentation held on 20th November.
For this workshop we will be demonstrating Canva, (www.canva.com) a freely available cloud-based design application aimed at design novices as well as professionals. During the session we will work through the following:
- Setting up your free account
- Providing a tour and overview of the tools available to you: design templates and layouts, photo galleries, graphics and fonts
- Using Canva’s photo editing tools
- Adding text, icons, stickers, texture to images
- Creating a simple graphic design from start to finish that will be suitable for use in social media channels.
The example we will use for this session will be creating an Infographic.
Who should attend
This workshop is suitable for researchers, managers and administrators, and anyone who wants to promote their research, school or events more effectively.
Duration: 11:00 – 12:30pm
Date: Tuesday, 27th November 2018
Location: Information Skills Room in the Health Sciences Library (no. 29 on the campus map)
Presenters: Catherine Bodey and Josh Clark, UCD Library Outreach
Certificates of attendance will be available on request on the day of the workshop
Research Services Manager
No Rooms available!