How to Write a Sentence
Students often have a good point to make in assignments and exams, but the point gets lost or becomes unclear when they write it down. This occurs when sentences are poorly structured, or when sentences lack 'flow'. Once you learn how to structure your sentences, and use grammar properly, your overall writing skills will improve considerably.
This workshop will show you:
- How to produce sentences that are effective and clear;
- How to put complex ideas, or more than one idea, into a sentence;
- How to connect sentences into a paragraph, and achieve 'flow';
- How to avoid common problems (run-on sentences; comma splice; unclear pronouns; lack of parallel structure etc.)
Go to http://ucd.libcal.com/calendar/writingcentre for all our seminars / workshops
- Thursday, 5th April 2018
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- The Writing Centre, Link Space 2
- James Joyce Library
- Leanne Waters
- How to Write a Sentence
No Rooms available!