Managing your Research Data (Arts, Humanities & Social Science)
This presentation will outline the key issues involved in managing your research data and the overall benefits in following best practice in this area.
There are various reasons for properly managing for your research data. This presentation will cover:
- Writing a Data Management Plan
- Data Organisation, Documentation and Metadata
- Data Storage and Security
- Ethics and Intellectual Property
- Data Sharing and Re-Use
- FAIR Data Principles
Case studies presented will be relevant to the Arts, Humanities & Social Science.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Funder requirements
- Data management planning
- Levels of management for basic quality assurance, reproducibility and reusability
- How and where to publish data
Time: 10.00 – 11.30am
Date: Tuesday 30th January, 2018
Location: Library Link 3, James Joyce Library
Presenter: Jenny O’Neill, Data Manager
Attendance at this workshop / presentation may satisfy the CPD requirements of some professional bodies; a certificate of completion can be supplied upon request.
Related LibGuide: Research Data Management by Jenny O'Neill