Searching Google and other Search Engines: STM
Searching Google, Google Scholar and Other Academic Search Engines:
Science, Technology, Medicine (STM)
Please book your place at http://ucd.libcal.com/events
This workshop will outline effective searching techniques when using Google, and also demonstrate a range of other search engines, particularly academic search engines. It will focus on resources and search examples in STM.
- To conduct effective and planned searching of Google
- To explore type-specific search engines
- To locate quality websites
- How to conduct effective and planned searching of Google using advanced search options and limits
- Use of other Google services such as Google Scholar and Google Books
- Use of specialist search engines e.g. Microsoft Academic, Base Bielefeld (open access resources), Re3data (datasets) etc.
- Website evaluation
Attendance at this workshop / presentation may satisfy the CPD requirements of some professional bodies; a certificate of completion can be supplied upon request.
- Thursday, 16th November 2017
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Information Skills Room
- Health Sciences Library
- Julia Barrett, Head of Research Services, UCD Library