Love Data Week: Writing a Data Management Plan for your PhD
As part of Love Data Week UCD Library are hosting a workshop on 'Writing a Data Management Plan (DMP) for your PhD' together with experts from Research IT and the Office of Research Ethics. The Library’s Data Management Checklist will be used as a template and attendees will be encouraged to fill in the template in groups, allowing them to learn from each other as well as from the facilitators. This will be a practical session where attendees will hear from the experts but will also begin to complete a DMP for their PhD data, with plenty of time for discussion and questions.
- Jenny O'Neill, Data Manager, UCD Library
- Dr Joan Tiernan, Chair Human Research Ethics Committee
- Fred Clarke, Head of Research IT
- Overview: What are research data and why should you manage them?
- Ethical considerations
- Data types
- Data Organisation, Documentation and Metadata
- Data Storage and Security
- Data Sharing Re-Use & Long-Term Preservation
Attendance at this workshop / presentation may satisfy the CPD requirements of some professional bodies; a certificate of completion can be supplied upon request.
PhD students who attend this event can attain a Certificate of Attendance via Sisweb.
- Thursday, 15th February 2018
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Library Link 3
- James Joyce Library
- Jenny O'Neill
- Research Data Management (RDM)