Searching Google and other Search Engines: HSS
This workshop will outline effective searching techniques when using Google, and also demonstrate a range of other search engines, particularly academic search engines. It will focus on resources and search examples in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To conduct effective and planned searching of Google
- To explore type-specific search engines
- To locate quality websites
- How to conduct effective and planned searching of Google using advanced search options and limits
- Use of other Google services such as Google Books, Google Scholar and Google Arts & Culture
- Use of specialist search engines e.g. Zanran (for statistics), Base Bielefeld (open access resources)
- Website evaluation
Attendance at this workshop / presentation may satisfy the CPD requirements of some professional bodies; a certificate of completion can be supplied upon request.
PhD students who attend this event can attain a Certificate of Attendance via Sisweb.
Research Services Manager
No Rooms available!